If you were to write a book, what would be the name of it?
Posts tagged ‘fun’
Well I must say this is a no brainer for me. The one luxury item is GLORIOUS, SPECTACULAR, AND JUST PLAIN FABULOUS COFFEE! I can drink it morning, noon, and night. I like my first cup to be steamy hot with a dab of French vanilla creamer. However, I will drink it in any form I can get it.
My life has been lived in poverty financially anyway and sometimes we didn’t have much food. So, coffee just buying it was a luxury. Now, it is a must just like toilet paper, buy coffee! Hey, if I had to I could use my coffee filters as toilet paper! JOKE! But, really my luxury is coffee!
Let me introduce to you me via songs I like or have some meaning to me. I saw this on http:// http://www.plinky.com/prompts/1698/answers/new
I am going to try and do this, rather than all in one post, by daily posts of a song each day until I feel I’ve described myself. I will include video or lyrics in each post and tell why the song is”me”. This just sounded random and fun. Plus, what a great way to get to know the new woman I have become as well introducing past loves, relationships, family,
If you want leave me song in comments about you. Its fun to do things different once in a while. Don’t you think?
Italo Calvino said: The more enlightened our houses are, the more their walls ooze ghosts. Describe the ghosts that live in this house: When I was a little girl there was a little boy ghost at my aunt and uncles house. I barely remember him. But, he wore a white button up shirt that was a bit on the dingy side with wrinkles. His face was guant and white with coal black eyes. My mom and aunt and us kids had him move a table once. Right from under us!
Here are some ways to fight boredom:
Talk to yourself! Just don’t forget to reply to yourself too! Being an active listener is important.
Cut your hair. Remember when you were young and found out scissors actually can cut your hair? Maybe it is time you gave yourself some real delightful bangs again?
Shave! How long has it been really?
Clean the soap scrum out of your shower or tub with a toothbrush. That’s right punish yourself like grandma use to when you cussed!
Make prank calls to everyone on your contacts. Ask if their toilet or fridge is running.
Go buy a bunch of fake tattoos and change your appearance for work or school tomorrow.
There are a few things to keep you busy now. Go on….do one….YOU KNOW YOU WANNA!
My word is Fun! The word fun over the years has changed to much by definition of each generation. In my mother’s day fun to her was different from fun for me growing up and even now. I am sure the younger generation than I am define fun differently too!
For example fun for my mother born in 1948 as a teenager was sock-ops, malt shops, picture shows, cruising, chaperone dating, and things like that. Fun for me as a teenager born in 1969 were arcades, dances with music my mother wouldn’t dream of listening to, and going out with boys not going study, parties that involved mind altering substance experimenting. Things like that.
I know not only the different generations define fun socially as a whole in many ways. But, the word fun is defined individually too! It is a word that changes with each person as well as each generation and it is a great word to watch over time!
- “I’m fine” really means “Get lost.” (jewelammons.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Morphing Aargh (thebloggingpath.com)
Thank you for the honor of this nomination. I hope I can do the award nomination justice with my novice blogging attempts.
layedbacklife and below is a link with her answers, questions and nominations.
I am also new at computers and copy/paste issues so pardon the non fancy appearance. Now on with the burning questions.
1. What is your favorite dessert? Pineapple upside down cake is one of my favorites and no bake cookies.
2. What makes you happy? Well, funny thing is I am just finding that out. I am a mother of three grown sons that have their lives and are starting families of their own. That makes me happy. However, I have been separated for around 3 years now from my husband of 25 years. So, I am at 42 redefining what makes me happy. I guess the short answer to that is I have freedom of choice now. No longer to I have to decide if or even when I will cook or clean. I can sleep in or stay up late and hold my own remote. The choices I have both little and big now are what is making me happy today.
3. Do I have a favorite YouTube? No, I do not do much YouTube yet. The most I have seen have been a few pranks my sons thought were funny. I am YouTube illiterate! For now anyway!
4. What genres do you read? Well, I use to love a good old romance novel when I was a lot younger. When the boys grew I would read stuff like Harry Potter and The Twilight Saga. Now, I can’t get enough of self-help books or articles. My three favorite authors right now are Louise Hay, Dr Wayne Dryer, and Deepak Copora.
5. What is the one thing you like about your life now? I like that it’s a new life. I love the fact that I still can do something with my life. I like the fact that I no longer feel hopeless.
6. If I could use a time turner, which part of my life would I want to relive again? This is easy as pie for me! The births of each one of my sons. I know a lot of parents probably give that answer but I was happiest pregnant and giving birth to them was amazing.
7. What sport are you good at or wish you were good at? I had a physical deformity as a child so my favorite sport was kick ball but my problems were in my hips and legs so I often didn’t get to play.
8. Where is the best place to travel to based on my experiences? I would have to say Northern California. That is where I am originally from. The redwood forest is amazing and you also are right on the pacific ocean. I lived specifically in Eureka. The architecture is Victorian and amazing.
9. Are you still in contact with childhood friends? Yes, on Facebook I have 3 childhood friends I keep in contact with. Social media is amazing!
10. How do you manage stress? Prayer and meditation and deep cleansing breaths!
11. What is your favorite time of day and why? I love the night! The world seems more peaceful at night.
And now for my nominees:
I enjoy reading posts from these folks and I hope you enjoy them too! Nominee’s please answer the 11 questions http://layedbacklife.com did for me. I hope I did this all correctly and have done this award justice. Happy blogging to all of you!
- Nominated for the Liebster Award (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)